Senior Legal Associate | 2-5 PQE | International Shipping Firm | Shipping | Singapore
A reputable Shipping Firm is looking for a detailed and meticulous Senior Legal Associate to provide legal, charter party, insurance and claims support to the Company.
- Prepare agency agreement for all the Group’s shipping agents.
- Draft commercial agreements, including but not limited to Connecting Carrier Agreements (CCAs), Slot Exchange Agreements, Joint Service Agreements, Joint Venture Agreements, Space Charter Agreements and other agreements and contracts.
- Work with Legal Assistant to maintain files of all signed agreements and contracts, keeping hard original and soft copy.
- Vet and recommend changes to draft agreements and contracts received from other parties within the Group.
- Provide legal advice and recommend solutions to disputes and controversies that may arise regarding business agreements and contracts.
- Liaise with external lawyers on all legal matters
- Drafting MOA on sale and purchase of ships.
- Assistance and vetting all agreements (shareholding, Sale and purchase, etc) during acquisition of companies/shares.
- Drafting and reviewing internal policies
- Handle post fixture negotiations.
- Give advices to Operations on off-hire claims against statement of facts and other supporting data received from agents or Line Managers.
- Handle charter party disputes, breaches of charter party terms by owners in coordination with Head – Legal, Claims & Insurance.
- Prepare charter party for newly chartered vessels not fixed through shipbrokers.
- Prepare charter party for newly purchased vessels, chartered internally
- Degree in Law
- 4-5 years of experience in maritime law (wet and dry), carriage of goods by sea, dispute resolution, commercial litigation and marine insurance;
- Compliance matters
- Insurance matters – H&M and P&I
Interested applicants can email firstname.lastname@example.org
EA Personnel Reg No R1872141