1. Manage the start to end process of contractual agreements, including review, draft, support negotiations and ensure closure of contractual documents with various parties across all of the company’s work streams, such as procurement, marketing, human resources, sales, etc.
2. Provide compliance advice on multifaceted matters, including ethics/anti-bribery & corruption, anti-money laundering, merchant contract reviews, licensing, mandatory reporting requirements, outsourcing, and new product advisory
3. Draft and revise Compliance policies; ensure compliance awareness within the business
4. Review, and negotiate merchant & vendor contracts to ensure that Compliance requirements are appropriately embedded;
5. Protect intellectual property. To work closely with the business teams to achieve this.
6. Resolve potential and actual disputes and provide legal support for crisis management.
7. Ensure compliance with the laws and regulations.
8. Liaise with regulatory bodies on queries and questionnaires; coordinate internal & external audits, inclusive of those for the purposes of internal investigations
9. Assist with the company’s corporate secretarial needs.
10. Ad hoc duties as require and provide an overall legal assistance to management.
11. Look into License Compliance Issues
12. To research for leads, advise for solutions and work with sales team/ law firm to close the anti-piracy deals.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
1. Law degree and legal professional qualifications of China
2. Well verse with License Compliance in China
3. Strong legal understanding in Software Anti -Piracy processes in China
4. Minimum 10 years of relevant experience
5. Possess an analytical and problem-solving mindset.
6. Effective and diplomatic communicator.
7. Solution oriented and seek to work with the business to resolve and close matters.
8. Able to adapt to changing needs to learn and grow with the business.
9. Able to work independently as well as in a team setup
10. Language: both English & Chinese
11. Able to draft both English & Chinese contracts
12. Good communication in Mandarin and English