Legal Counsel | 8-12 PQE | Investment | Singapore
An up and coming Singapore-based family office is looking for an in house counsel to support the legal needs of the Group.
Primary responsibility is to provide legal advice and support to the Group of Companies, including advice related to different business lines, such as commodities, technology and real estate. The individual will join a highly dynamic and diverse company and be responsible for providing day-to-day legal coverage to all stakeholders. The individual should have in-depth knowledge of investment management legal issues, including pertinent regulations and guidance on investment advisory issues. This role reports to the Managing Director.
- Provide legal support and oversight for all agreements entered into by the business and/or associated funds.
- Advise the business on a wide range of legal issues relevant to the development, structuring, offering, operation and maintenance of fund products, negotiation of side letters, legal and regulatory matters as they relate to funds.
- Advise the business on legal obligations arising from corporate governance, investor relations, fund raising and investing activities.
- Negotiate investment management agreements with various clients.
- Liaise with and manage external counsel with respect to fund formation, investment activity and regulatory matters.
- Work closely as needed with other Business units/ partners, and other control functions.
- Where required, provide legal advice and support to MD with regards to all business activities.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Singapore qualified lawyer.
- The ideal candidate should have at least 8-12 years of relevant law firm, funds or comparable experience.
- Experience with private equity and corporate M&A in Asia / elsewhere would be favourably considered.
- Familiarity with regulatory and compliance issues associated with investment management business generally.
- Any disputes resolution experience would be advantageous.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- Prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Past relevant experience overseas would be an added advantage.
Interested applicants can email email@example.com
Muhammad Helmi Ali
EA Personnel Reg No R1113285
Compliance and Regulatory