Legal Counsel | 5- 8 PQE | Insurance | Singapore
Our client is a well known company in the insurance industry looking for a Legal Counsel to join their team.
- Provide provide support to the General Counsel in overseeing the legal matters.
- To provide Singapore law advice on insurance, corporate commercial and other business activities of the Company, including drafting, reviewing and negotiating on relevant legal documentation.
-To review policy contracts for the launch (or re-launch) of insurance products.
-To provide an oversight of the review and negotiation of reinsurance treaties.
-To support the General Counsel in upholding a robust internal corporate governance framework, demonstrating adherence to corporate governance
1. A law degree from a recognized university.
2. Ideally, the incumbent should be familiar with local regulations pertaining to the insurance industry, in particular applicable corporate governance principles and Singapore best practices.
3. Experience – At least 8 years PQE, of which at least 4 were spent in practice/at a law firm.
4. Prior in-house experience at a major financial institution or insurance company in Singapore required. Trial experience preferred but optional.
5. Admitted to the Singapore Bar, and of good standing.
6. Strong problem-solving skills - ability to quickly pinpoint issues and work with relevant stakeholders to resolve.
7. Excellent communication and presentation skills - ability to draft advice/opinions in a clear and concise manner.
8. Autonomous worker, able to multi-task and work under time pressure.
9. Resourceful – adept at research and quick learner.
10. Resilient, adaptable and meticulous.
Interested candidates please contact Sherlene Ong (R1546679) for more information or call 6535 8255 for a confidential discussion.