Legal Counsel | 3-5 PQE | Asset Management | Singapore
My client is one of Asia's largest asset manager with over $40 billion in AUM. They are currently looking for an Associate General Counsel to join their team.
- To review agreements submitted by business owners including investment management, investment advisory, sub-management / advisory, distribution, Marketing and feeder type agreements, financial derivatives documentation, unit trust documentation, product term sheets/subscription agreements, broker agreements, licensing agreements, fund set up and offer documentation, NDAs, MOUs and miscellaneous service provider agreements etc
- To assist in the negotiation and drafting of agreements.
- To assist in intellectual property related work.
- To assist in the structuring of transactions and development of new products. External counsels may be engaged as appropriate.
- To identify legal issues and legal risks associated with transactions and products and suggest mitigating measures to address them.
- To approve and manage the appointment of external counsel and legal expenses
- To manage litigation by or against the Company or its subsidiary, if any, with the assistance of external counsels.
- To advise on and review, and revise documentation to comply with existing / new regulatory requirements.
- Law degree from a recognized local or foreign university.
- Strong legal analytical skills with good grounding in fundamental legal principles.
- Ability to write and communicate well.
- At least 3 to 5 years in legal practice and/or related in-house role (in the financial industry would be preferable and in the asset management experience would be advantageous).
- Knowledge of ISDA and derivatives would be advantageous.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, in particular, MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Team player, good interpersonal skills and a strong commitment to continuous learning and excellence.
Interested applicants please apply directly to this ad, email your cv to email@example.com or contact Sherlene Ong at 6535 8255 for a confidential discussion.
Sherlene Ong Xinhui (R1546679)
Banking & Finance