Head of Legal and Company Secretary | >13PQE | Property Investment | Malaysia
Our client is a property investment company, currently looking for a Head of Legal and Company Secretary
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drafting and reviewing agreements, specifically acquisition agreements of commercial properties, tenancy agreements, leases, management agreements, financing documents, commercial contracts and operational contracts.
- Process coordination for acquisition of commercial properties and contracts management to ensure completion of all relevant documentation.
- Coordination and liaison with external solicitors on legal assignments and conducting evaluation of their performance.
- Drafting proposal and providing evaluation on appropriate legal structure on potential property development or investment including preparation of any initial contractual terms.
- Drafting and formulation of standard legal forms and agreements for the Company.
- To schedule and attend to the preparation of Board of Directors’ meeting, Board Committee’s meetings, Management meetings and other ad-hoc meetings including compilation and distribution of meeting folders/papers.
- To attend Board, Board Committee and Management Committee meetings and prepare draft minutes, extract and circular resolution.
- To monitor, prepare and lodge relevant statutory returns, forms and other secretarial documents as and when necessary and act as the liaison officer of the Company with the Companies Commission of Malaysia.
- To continuously maintain and update statutory information/registers and company records in relation to Company Secretarial matters and attend to their safe keeping.
- To assist in the drafting of meeting papers for Shareholders Meetings, Board and Board Committee meeting in relation to Company Secretarial matters.
- To assist in the preparation of board papers and other management reports.
- To undertake other tasks as assigned by the superior from time to time in relation to Company Secretarial and departmental requirements.
- Proficient in Bahasa Malaysia and English both written and oral with good drafting skills.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Proven to be active and energetic.
- Analytical and possess good writing and communication skill.
- Highly motivated and a team player.
- Able to multitask and willing to learn and undertake new job scope.
- Willing to participate and lead in all Company's activity.
- A recognized honours Degree in Law and called to the Malaysian bar
- Min 13 years working experience.
- Experience in construction and property development legal practice area areas will be an advantage.
Interested candidate may submit your resume to Mavis Khor at email@example.com to apply this position.