Assistant Legal Manager | >5 PQE | Insurance | Malaysia
Our client is one of the largest reinsurance company in the world, looking for a high calibre candidate to join their Legal & Corporate Affairs team. This person will be involved in advising the Company on various legal matters and ensuring the Company acts within the boundaries of the laws. This person will also support in ensuring the Company is operating within the parameters of the Company’s established rules and practices.
• Provide accurate and timely legal advice on commercial and governance issues and these involve reviewing, drafting and negotiating on the terms of legal documents to ensure the Company’s interests is protected.
• Keep abreast of legal and regulatory changes affecting the Company’s business and advise the Company.
• Conduct ongoing legal research as well as facilitate business’ legal requirements between internal stakeholders and external stakeholders.
• Litigation management and liaison with external solicitors.
• Review and monitor the Company’s operating procedures, frameworks, and practices to ensure the smooth operation of the Company.
• Assess and recommend appropriate internal controls for the Company’s best interests.
• Support in effective corporate communication
• Drive continuous organisational improvement for positive transformational changes.
• University degree in Law , Certificate in Legal Practice (CLP) or its equivalent will be an added advantage
• At least 5 years’ experience in legal practice and as in-house counsel preferably experience in the financial institution and called to the Bar
• Strong knowledge in legal review drafting, audit and advisory
• Sound research and report-writing skills
Interested candidates kindly submit your resume and contact Yvonne Kong at email@example.com to apply for the position.