Assistant General Counsel | >4 years | Insurance |Singapore
Client: Insurance MNC firm
Position: Assistant General Counsel
This position reports to the General Counsel in Singapore.
It will support the functions of the General Counsel in Singapore and Operations & Technology Lead in Singapore/APAC.
- Provide legal advice to profit centres and corporate functions on laws and regulations in relation to Operations and Technology, Consumer Lines, Commercial Lines and other work relating to the Singapore office:
- Prepare, draft or vet contracts relating to any transaction/project/initiative in a timely manner and ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Advise profit centres and corporate functions on day-to-day legal compliance queries and collaborate with ERM and Compliance to manage legal, regulatory and operational risks appropriately.
- Assist in internal audit reviews and MAS inspection/audits.
- Provide support to profit centres and corporate functions for litigation and dispute resolution by giving legal advice, reviewing and drafting responses and collaborating to achieve a positive outcome for the Company.
- Provide support to business for litigation and dispute resolution by giving legal advice, reviewing and drafting responses and collaborating to achieve a positive outcome for the Company. This includes claims disputes submitted to the Financial Industry Disputes Resolution Centre (Fidrec).
- Assist in updating of MAS outsourcing contracts register.
- Assist in conducting gap analysis against MAS Outsourcing Guidelines.
- Support the Operations & Technology Lead in work with the APAC countries:
- Provide legal support for matters that arise in the Asia Pacific region (ex Japan) including reviewing of contracts and collating specific regulatory requirements of countries within the APAC region.
- Assist counsels with legal support for any initiatives introduced within the APAC region including standardizing templates of contracts, policy wordings for use by counsels within the region and providing a first draft of contracts for counsels to review.
- Assist the Global Legal team with legal and regulatory advice required from countries within the APAC region, by working with each counsel within the APAC region on their advice, collating the advice for the region and coordinating any further advice/discussions required between the Global lawyers and APAC counsels.
- Provide regulatory updates to Global Legal and Global business leadership so that they are kept abreast of regulatory developments within the APAC region and corresponding impact to their respective lines of businesses.
- Assist in some regional projects eg regional charge back, regional outsourcing.
Job number: L1218 - 2749 - SG
Interested candidates please contact Shanice Lim at +65 65358255 or email@example.com.
Compliance and Regulatory